CLIENT-THERAPIST RELATIONSHIP POLICY
- The treatments offered in this clinic are therapeutic in nature.
- The relationship between the Therapist and Client is Therapeutic. Dating and/or sexual intimacy between the Therapist and Client is strictly prohibited.
- Sexual harassment is not tolerated and treatment will be terminated abruptly. Client will be responsible for full payment of the treatment session.
- This office understands and respects the importance of protecting your personal information and your Therapist will act as the privacy information officer in this office regarding your personal information.
- The Therapist will collect, use and disclose of your personal information in a responsible manner. They will be open about the use and disclosure of the information.
- The Therapist will not under any condition supply your insurer with your confidential medical history without your specific written consent. When unusual requests are received, the Therapist will contact your for your permission to release such information.
- The storage, retention and destruction of your personal information complies with existing legislation and privacy protection protocols.
INFORMED CONSENT POLICY
- The Therapist will obtain informed consent from the client prior to commencing an assessment or treatment. (Consent is informed if: information about the treatment is given; and responses to additional requests for information are given.
- The Therapist will explain to the client
- The nature of the treatment
- The expected benefits of the treatment
- The material risks and side effects of the proposed treatment.
- Alternative options
- The likely consequences of not having the treatment.
- Their right to an opportunity to ask questions regarding their treatment.
Individuals are assumed capable of providing consent, unless they demonstrate otherwise to the practitioner.
In the event that the client deems incapable of providing consent, the Therapist will ensure the client has a Substitute Decision Maker. (SDM) are individuals who make treatment decisions for individuals who are not capable of making them independently. (i.e; a family member). The SDM is expected to act in the client's best interests and to make decisions that are consistent with the client's last known wishes.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESCIND YOUR CONSENT AT ANY TIME!
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES POLICY
Payment is due at the time of services (unless arrangements have been made with the Therapist)
Payments options are set by the individual Therapist. Speak with them directly.
A $25.00 fee will be charged for NSF cheques.
Bartering is prohibited, therefore the Therapist does not work on a Barter System.
- The Therapist will only provide receipts for services performed within their scope of practice. The receipt will specify the actual treatment provided.
- Receipts are provided only after payment for scheduled treatments.
- The Therapist will only provide a receipt to the person for whom the treatment was performed.
- Only ONE receipt PER Session will be provided by the Therapist. (ie, for a one hour session, the Therapist cannot provide 2 half hour receipts.)
- If the original receipt is misplaced, the Therapist will provide a duplicate receipt.
- The Therapist will ensure the receipt contains:
- Name and title of Therapist
- Therapist contact information
- Therapist's Registration number
- Receipt number
- Date of therapy session
- Name of Client
- Duration of treatment
- Fees for services
- HST number (if applicable)
- Therapist's signature
- An appointment is a commitment to our work and a contract between You and your Therapist.
- If cancellation is necessary, please give at least 24 hours notice so that we may attempt to fill the vacant appointment.
- If proper notice is not given you may be charged the full treatment fee.
- It is understood that Emergency situations may arise that make cancellation necessary. Emergency cancellations are determined at the Therapist's discretion.
LATE AND MISSED APPOINTMENT POLICY
MISSED APPOINTMENTS AFFECT 3 PEOPLE
Yourself (You did not receive the required treatment)
The Person (Who could have had your spot)
- You will be charged for missed appointments unless it can be filled.
- Receipts issued for missed appointments will be clearly marked 'for missed appointment'
- Sessions begin and end at the scheduled times.
- If you arrive late, your session will need to end at the originally scheduled time and you will be responsible for full payment of the originally scheduled session.
- The full fee for the session will still be charged.
On occasion, your appointment may not be able to start on time. This is usually due to a treatment that is taking slightly longer than anticipated. For this we ask for your patience and understanding. Please be assured you will receive the full scheduled treatment and will be offered the same consideration at some point in the future if deemed necessary.
GIFT CERTIFICATE POLICY
- It is prohibited for a Therapist to provide a receipt for the sale of a Gift Certificate in the manner of which can be redeemed for reimbursement from Insurance Companies.
- Receipts for Gift Certificates will clearly state the purchase was for a Gift Certificate.
- Receipts for Gift Certificates will clearly state the dollar amount paid and duration of the Therapy session.
- Only an authorized person will issue a gift certificate.
- Gift Certificates are only redeemable if they have been signed and dated by an authorized person.
- Although expiry dates may be placed on gift certificates, they will be honored if it exceeds the expiry date (dates are included to encourage redemption.)
- When a Gift Certificate is redeemed, a receipt for the dollar amount of the gift certificate will not be issued. If the recipient of the massage wishes to receive a receipt the dollar amount listed will be 'Gift Certificate Redeemed' with no dollar amount given.
CHILD(REN) SUPERVISION POLICY
- We, at the Wiesner Centre, adore children, therefore it in order to protect their safety, it is the policy of the clinic to ensure that no child is left unsupervised.
- If you are in a position that it is essential to bring your child (ren) with you for your appointment, we ask that you please make arrangements to have your child stay with you in the treatment area.
- There are potential dangers in tthe clinic that could cause harm to your child in the event that they are unsupervised. (ie, hot water dispenser, coffee machine, stairs, electrical equipment, possibly exiting the building without your knowledge)
- We also ask that you consider the types of Therapies offered at the Centre. Massage Therapy appointments may be effected by increased noise levels while clients are encouraged to relax. Your consideration is greatly appreciated when making your decisions
- We understand that situations may arise that are out of your control and the need to bring your child is unavoidable.